Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Williams PFF Breakdown
(03-29-2017, 10:30 AM)NKYRob Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-prospect-matchups-how-clemson-wr-mike-williams-fared-against-top-db-prospects/

The above link shows how Mike Williams fared against PFF's top ranked CB prospects in 2016.  The Bengals may certainly look to draft WR at 9, and right now it's a toss up in terms of who would be there and worthy of the ninth pick (should they go that route) between Williams, Davis and Ross.  While there are certainly other variables at play, it was interesting to see that Williams didn;t catch a single touchdown against top ranked corners and safeties.

All of this could mean nothing, but I thought it was at least interesting.  I'll update when they release similar analysis on the other top WR prospects.

Not sure what it means, but always interesting to look at. I'll comment based on my notes from tape.

VS OSU
The one INT was a horrible throw by Watson on an out route that I actually reference when I talk about his bad decision making. Around 4 minutes left in the first quarter Williams absolutely dusts Conley on a go route and Watson over throws him in the end zone, he easily had two steps on him. Mid 2nd he gets behind Lattimore and Watson under throws him rather than putting it in front of Williams (looked like Watson though he was going to stop).

Vs Bama
He had a big 30 yard reception against Humphrey on the game winning drive where he went up and snatched it out of the air. The TD Humphrey and Averett were both covering a stack formation and they got tangled up, I am guessing they are assigning that to Averett but I'd argue they didn't switch correctly and that was Humphrey's guy.

I'll be curious to see the other WR's, I am guessing Davis doesn't have any tape against the top guys and Ross's will be against Humphrey
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mike Williams PFF Breakdown - NKYRob - 03-29-2017, 10:30 AM
RE: Mike Williams PFF Breakdown - Au165 - 03-29-2017, 12:30 PM
RE: Mike Williams PFF Breakdown - McC - 03-30-2017, 08:48 AM
RE: Mike Williams PFF Breakdown - McC - 03-30-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Mike Williams PFF Breakdown - TKUHL - 03-31-2017, 01:35 AM
RE: Mike Williams PFF Breakdown - Jpoore - 03-31-2017, 01:41 AM