Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Derek Barnett Really That Good?
(04-05-2017, 02:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The more I look at this guy, the more I am starting to wonder if he is better than the following guys:

Lawson
Harris
Williams
Willis
McKinley

I've watched the above guys play more than a few times, and it seems that they all have more explosion and just as good of an overall pass rush as Barnett.  IS there really that much difference between those guys and Barnett?

I totally agree. I'm more impressed with guys like TJ Watt and T. Brasham. Basham is a stud. I know he played at OU, but that guy has the most incredible motor that I've seen in a long time in a DE. He's the obvious leader of that defense. He'd be great in stripes. Honest, I'm beginning to think we should go WR or RB (including Mixon) at 9. I mention Mixon because of the amount of time we've spent with him. Especially if Fournette is gone by 9, I won't be shocked to see them take Mixon. I know alot of people here oppose drafting a guy with this kid's past. I respect that, but hasn't he been a model citizen since that incident? 

But back to the DE position, I think we could take Basham in the second, unless they think he might drop to the 3rd, which ideally, would allow us to take Pat Elflein in the 2nd. TRIFECTA! 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Derek Barnett Really That Good? - BURROWorBUST - 04-06-2017, 03:04 AM