Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's Mock Draft
(04-06-2017, 12:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't really care for this at all, tbh.

Barnett has been debated to death elsewhere, and I fall into the opinion that he's not a Top 10 talent.  The only thing I'm going to add here is that the guy is not a "pretty safe" pick, imo, due to his lack of athletic ability.  NFL history is full of washouts who had great college production, but didn't have the physical traits to compete at the NFL level.

We brought in Andre as a veteran replacement for Zeitler, and Westerman had a 2nd round grade last year.  G isn't a massive need, and Feeney isn't a value at this spot.  If we're reaching in the 1st for a pass rusher, then we need to get a 1st round talent as the bpa in 2.  Feeney is neither.

I like Godwin a lot.  He should be a good #2 in a year or two, or possibly a 1b.  My only issue is that a lot of the 2nd round WR's like Ford, Westbrook, and Kupp falling, I don't think he makes it out of 2.  Great pick if he's there, though.

Fields is the type of guy I would roll the dice on in this spot if I hadn't gotten a pass rusher at this point.  We were 19th in sacks last year.  While pass rush is a need, going there with two of our first four picks including a reach in the 1st is overkill when we need contributors at other positions.

I honestly despise these mid round CB picks.  Right now, we effectively have a 3rd round pick from last year battling with a veteran for the 6th spot.  When you add Wilson to the mix, we're going to cut 2 NFL roster worthy guys.  Just a wasted pick that doesn't make us any better.

I like Qualls a lot and he's a great pick if he's here.  We need someone to rotate with Billings.  However, I think he's long gone by this point.

Connor is a decent pick at this point, but we need a bell cow and I just don't see him as that.  He's more of a replacement for Peerman than Hill, imo.

Gonzalez is a great pick, and the rest should be ok PS guys, but I'd be really disappointed with this draft.

Yeah I know it's pretty split, people love him and people are meh on him. So that's not surprising.

I know we brought in Smith, but he's coming off his worst year, on the decline, learning a position he's never done, and has missed over 20 games the last 3 seasons. I'm also not as high on Westerman as others, mainly because we haven't seen anything of him.

This is a pretty loaded WR class, so I could see him possibly slipping. I really like him and think he has a ton of potential.

Understandable, I believe the Bengals are going to go DE twice this draft. Just a matter of when.

We currently have Adam Jomes, Dre Kirkpatrick, Josh Shaw, Darqueze Dennard, and WJIII. Adam Jones could easily get suspended for the year and our CBs aren't exactly the most durable. I'm a big fan of Wilson and think whoever gets him is a steal.

It seems that nose tackles are devaluing and going down in drafts. So who knows, I think he could slip honestly.

I like Conner to replace Peerman. I would like an improvement over Hill. That's why my focus is completely on Saquon Barkley next year.

Hey I like differing opinions, so I appreciate the feedback. Seriously.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wolf's Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 04-05-2017, 11:07 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - Whatever - 04-06-2017, 12:53 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 04-06-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - Whatever - 04-06-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 04-07-2017, 02:51 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - ochocincos - 04-07-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - bfine32 - 04-06-2017, 09:05 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 04-07-2017, 02:52 PM