Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's Mock Draft
(04-06-2017, 07:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yeah I know it's pretty split, people love him and people are meh on him. So that's not surprising.

I know we brought in Smith, but he's coming off his worst year, on the decline, learning a position he's never done, and has missed over 20 games the last 3 seasons. I'm also not as high on Westerman as others, mainly because we haven't seen anything of him.

This is a pretty loaded WR class, so I could see him possibly slipping. I really like him and think he has a ton of potential.

Understandable, I believe the Bengals are going to go DE twice this draft. Just a matter of when.

We currently have Adam Jomes, Dre Kirkpatrick, Josh Shaw, Darqueze Dennard, and WJIII. Adam Jones could easily get suspended for the year and our CBs aren't exactly the most durable. I'm a big fan of Wilson and think whoever gets him is a steal.

It seems that nose tackles are devaluing and going down in drafts. So who knows, I think he could slip honestly.

I like Conner to replace Peerman. I would like an improvement over Hill. That's why my focus is completely on Saquon Barkley next year.

Hey I like differing opinions, so I appreciate the feedback. Seriously.

Yeah, Barnett seems like a love/hate prospect.  I don't see him at 9, but then again, I've got John Ross in my top 9 for the Bengals, and lots of people think he's a reach, too.  I guess the question for me is are you mocking Barnett here because you think he's the BPA at a position of need, or is it because you want the best pass rusher available at 9 regardless of value?  

I get the trepidation about our OL, I really do, but this is such a bad OL class, I'd rather gamble on the guys we have here that came out of better classes than drop early picks on guys that would go a round or two later in other years.  The potential to come away with two first round talents is just too much for me to pass up.  Plus, I don't see them carrying 4 G's.

Yeah, guys fall all the time for various reasons.  I don't see this as a particularly good WR class, though.  I think Davis and Williams are late 1st/early 2nd guys in a class that has a consensus Top 10 stud or two, and that pushes a lot of guys up the board.  I think it's a pretty deep class, and there's lots of guys who will carve out decent careers as #3/#4 WR's, but I don't see a lot of #1's or even good #2's.

I would've thought we would go 2 DE's before the end of 5 before they brought Gilberry, who's one of the coach's pets back.  At this point, I think you have to look long and hard at RB, NT, and OT before double dipping.

They also have Russell, who was a 3rd round pick of the Chiefs last year, and Benwikere, who has 14 career starts.  Even if Pacman gets suspended for the year, which is unlikely, they would be 5 and 6 behind Kirk, WJIII, Dennard, and Shaw.  

This is one of those things I find interesting, and not singling you out on this, but I always find it interesting when people are seemingly cool with a guy like Billings being handed a starting job sight unseen, but are uneasy about a guy like Westerman playing sight unseen despite the similar circumstances surrounding them.  If I had to guess, it's because everyone scouted Billings last year as a potential 1st round pick and nobody really paid a lot of attention to 2nd round G's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wolf's Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 04-05-2017, 11:07 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - Whatever - 04-06-2017, 12:53 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 04-06-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - Whatever - 04-06-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 04-07-2017, 02:51 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - ochocincos - 04-07-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - bfine32 - 04-06-2017, 09:05 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 04-07-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: Wolf's Mock Draft - BenZoo2 - 04-06-2017, 09:46 PM