Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals On The Clock (RD 2) Nominations
(04-14-2017, 01:06 AM)phil413 Wrote: Nobody screams steal, but there are some nice options. The key here is Marvin and Guenther agreeing on how to use one of these defensive toys that would break from the norm.

Baker may be the best player available with his instincts, overall coverage of everyone that isn't a TE and a descent tackler.  Conversely, Melifonwu's value is vs the TE. CIncy doesn't play a S in CF enough,  and though I like the idea that many have in moving S.Williams to NLB, they'd have to alter their attack some.

Tim Williams screams nickel rusher, specifically 3-3-5 elephant rusher you can move around.  I don't know that he has the coverage skills to toy with at SLB, and may not hold up as a rusher with his hand down.  Brantley is the safer pick. If they can get his timing down, I agree with the post above that hed be a nice rotational DT. That would have to mean Hardison gets at least a chance to play a tweener role.  You would have a DL full of guys that won't win a sprint, but are relentless, skilled and deep.

Elflein is worth the pick, but they have to believe it.  They have to see that Bodine shouldn't be promised anything, and Elflien's day one stability is worth passing on a player with better upside.  Baker is my guy, Elflien or Brantley I'd be cool with but the good news is yal drafted so logically thru the mock that that in real life they'll likely see better options.

Dont know if you saw but brantley got arrested for a physical confrontation with a woman. Dosent really change my opinion but may change others.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals On The Clock (RD 2) Nominations - Jpoore - 04-14-2017, 01:10 AM