Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am actually kind of excited for next season
(04-13-2017, 10:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You say you're excited about the season and go on to say we likely won't make the playoffs. Not busting your balls or anything, but I just struggle to get very excited unless I think we have a real contender. Like Wyche, I'm excited about the draft and I think the defense will be fine.

It's the offense that has serious question marks (being kind there). I can't get excited about Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher as bookend tackles. Hill/Gio does nothing for me at this point. Eifert is great but is constantly hurt. AJ Green has had his fair share of injuries now. The offense looks like Andy Dalton, glue and duct tape.

Our FA period was predictably boring and we came out losers again. We desperately need a home run draft. Oh...and Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander are still there. So even if we go 11-5, we all know what will follow. Sorry to sound so jaded, but it is what it is.

No need to apologize for sounding "jaded".  I joke with people that the Bengal's Fans are not diehards, because they would have been dead a long time ago.  They are die-never!  

Your post really illustrated the one key point I hope the Bengals realize going in to the draft:  The offense, by far, needs the most work.  I think if he is there, they take Barnett.  He will be an immediate impact at a position of need, and he has outstanding production at the top conference.  After that, they really need to stock up on weapons and depth for the offensive line.  

Let's face it, they need another receiving threat as a TE (hopefully Jake Butt could be there in the 4th and red shirt a season and be a steal moving forward), a complete RB to rotate with Gio and Hill (Miss my Sexy), a vertical threat to stretch the defense and give an option on end-arounds (Curtis Samuel in the 2nd if they take Barnett in the 1st?) and there is no way in hell I go to camp without a significant threat to Ced to push him at LT.  Make it a player like Forrest Lamp, that could also be an outstanding Guard.  But there is no way I just "hope" he suddenly figures it out.  

That is why I am still holding out hope that AJM can be traded for #33 overall and get that needed competition at LT.  

Regardless, it should be a lot of focus on the offense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am actually kind of excited for next season - SHRacerX - 04-14-2017, 09:12 AM