Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am actually kind of excited for next season
(04-14-2017, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No need to apologize for sounding "jaded".  I joke with people that the Bengal's Fans are not diehards, because they would have been dead a long time ago.  They are die-never!  

Your post really illustrated the one key point I hope the Bengals realize going in to the draft:  The offense, by far, needs the most work.  I think if he is there, they take Barnett.  He will be an immediate impact at a position of need, and he has outstanding production at the top conference.  After that, they really need to stock up on weapons and depth for the offensive line.  

Let's face it, they need another receiving threat as a TE (hopefully Jake Butt could be there in the 4th and red shirt a season and be a steal moving forward), a complete RB to rotate with Gio and Hill (Miss my Sexy), a vertical threat to stretch the defense and give an option on end-arounds (Curtis Samuel in the 2nd if they take Barnett in the 1st?) and there is no way in hell I go to camp without a significant threat to Ced to push him at LT.  Make it a player like Forrest Lamp, that could also be an outstanding Guard.  But there is no way I just "hope" he suddenly figures it out.  

That is why I am still holding out hope that AJM can be traded for #33 overall and get that needed competition at LT.  

Regardless, it should be a lot of focus on the offense.  

Lol...yeah I became a fan in the 90's, so I've seen the worst of times, but never seen even a single playoff win. If I'm dying hard, it's only on the inside. Little by little.  Mellow

I was actually thinking the same thing as I typed that out. This definitely needs to be an offense-focused draft with all the things you mentioned. I was hoping for veteran competition for Ogbuehi, but obviously that's not happening. We need a RB that will be given a real opportunity to win the job. We need more speed all over the place. At TE, I'm torn between continuing to develop Uzomah (he was promising with 25 catches while filling in) and drafting someone else. With Eifert's health, we may have no choice but to bring in another prospect. It's a good TE crop, so we may as well add a body there and cut Kroft, who has been a disappointment.

With the way we ignored free agency, more picks can only help. So I definitely hope Mac gets traded. I'd pick up Fitzpatrick, Gabbert or Austin Davis to backup Dalton. Let whoever comes in compete with Driskell for the gig.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am actually kind of excited for next season - Shake n Blake - 04-14-2017, 11:27 AM