Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Reason for AJM Trade
(04-17-2017, 06:29 AM)BigSeph Wrote: The Bengals haven't traded AJM because the Bengals don't want to trade AJM.

There's not a better backup QB in the NFL.  They aren't paying him much.  They also don't have to play against him if he's on the squad.

There is literally zero reason to trade a cheap, reliable backup with starting NFL QB potential when you're the team that owns his rights.  The only reason to trade him would be if you were offered a package that would result in at least one instant starter and multiple other potential starters.  AJM's not going to see the field unless there's an injury, so he's not going to help unless something bad happens.  Starters on either side of the ball would help no matter what.

So until the Bengals get an offer that provides them with a player who can help on every play on either side of the ball and an extra pick to attempt to replace what AJM was for the team, they have zero motivation or reason to move him.

The reason I offered is a potential STARTING LT prospect would be there at #33.  If that happened, do you think the Bengals would cling to McCarron over attempting to trade him for that pick?  When they kept Driscoll for the entire 2016 on the roster?  I would say the odds of Lamp or Robinson being there (Garcia?) are long, but my point was that instead of trading him now for whatever player is best at #33, if one of the LT prospects slides to that spot I would certainly be calling the Browns.

You can say you don't think the Bengals would do that, but would you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-16-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-17-2017, 08:19 AM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-21-2017, 10:38 AM