Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Reason for AJM Trade
(04-21-2017, 10:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree....but I have stated numerous times I think he's a very good backup, possibly the best in the league.  I've also maintained that he would be, at the very least, a good stop gap starter.  I'm just not sure how that's "not dealing in reality"? Confused

I pretty much completely agree with this. I see McCarron as a top notch backup, but I think his flaws would likely get exposed as a full-time starter. I think he could be a stopgap somewhere or maybe compete to start with some of the QB needy teams. Where I draw the line is when people compare him to Brady or throw out all these proposals where we get a 1st round pick and then some. 

I think it's more likely that Mac doesn't get traded at all (due to lack of interest) than him getting traded for a kings ransom. This isn't to say McCarron sucks. Just saying that I don't believe teams will view him as worthy of offering up a 2nd rounder or better, and then handing him the keys to their franchise. If/when he becomes a free agent, I do think some team will sign him with intentions of letting him compete for the gig. That said, maybe they'll view him as a 28 year old (when this happens) career backup with 4 starts to his credit.

TL/DR: I like McCarron a lot as our backup, but I hate how overrated he is by some. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-21-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: Potential Reason for AJM Trade - Shake n Blake - 04-21-2017, 01:28 PM