Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Reason for AJM Trade
(04-23-2017, 05:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think teams probably viewed Osweiler as a better prospect than McCarron. He was a 2nd round pick with size (6'7" 240 lbs) and an arm...and better combine numbers.

Folks on here praise McCarron for his performance against Denver...well guess who was the QB for Denver that day? Osweiler (299 yards, 1 TD, 100.3 rating) outplayed McCarron that day.

So higher draft pick, better size, better arm, bigger (and better) sample size to go on (275 pass attempts and 7 starts to go on compared to 160 attempts and 4 starts for Mac). On top of that, there was more hype because Osweiler played for the champion Broncos and learned behind Peyton. 

I'm sure teams thought more highly of Osweiler, and look how he turned out.

This is a really solid argument for Osweiler, but one of AJM's strength's isn't measurable by stats or at a combine.  It is one of those words I hate, but I think it applies here:  moxy.  AJM just has a leadership quality that is hard to quantify, but being one of very few college QBs to win multiple NCAA championships, I think it applies to him.  I can't say much about Osweiler as far as his leadership or intangibles, but he sure does throw it to the other team a lot in the NFL.

Folks might think I'm biased, but I root for the Browns #2 (very distant 2nd) and I would love to see him there.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-21-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-23-2017, 05:56 PM