Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Reason for AJM Trade
(04-23-2017, 05:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a really solid argument for Osweiler, but one of AJM's strength's isn't measurable by stats or at a combine.  It is one of those words I hate, but I think it applies here:  moxy.  AJM just has a leadership quality that is hard to quantify, but being one of very few college QBs to win multiple NCAA championships, I think it applies to him.  I can't say much about Osweiler as far as his leadership or intangibles, but he sure does throw it to the other team a lot in the NFL.

Folks might think I'm biased, but I root for the Browns #2 (very distant 2nd) and I would love to see him there.  

I agree Mac has that in spades, but so did Tebow, whose presence was legendary. Not saying they're equal QBs, but how much do teams value the leadership?

You still have to be able to play. I'm not saying Mac can't, but he doesn't have the physical tools, the sample size was small. Did he do enough to convince teams he's worth a 2nd or better when they wouldn't spend a 4th or 5th on him in 2014? Mind you he's also 27 now. Not exactly old, but 5 years older than a typical rookie QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-21-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: Potential Reason for AJM Trade - Shake n Blake - 04-23-2017, 06:02 PM