Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental toughness & Will: Warren Sapp questions Miles Garrett as #1 overall.
(04-24-2017, 01:55 PM)BengalD Wrote: I for one just don't understand why Sapp just won't go away.  He beats on women, been a doper most of his life, hocked his superbowl ring or something to the effect, etc, etc, etc...  If I needed a pragmatic appraisal on anything I damn sure wouldn't put him in my inner circle - even if he was right.

I agree that Sapp isn't the best source.
It says he owes some $6.7 million to creditors and for back child support.
It is possible, however, that his D-line experience enables to see some things about Garrett that could be right.

My main theme of Will and mental toughness may apply to a player that I have been not so high on until more recently.
That player is Derek Barnett.
I didn't like his forty time and his being only 6 foot 3 inches tall and 259 pounds.
A comparison was made by someone on NFL Network to Terrell Suggs who ran a forty that was close to Barnett's time and is 6 foot 3 and 265 pounds. If he ends up being anything like Suggs he will be well worth the pick.
Barnett has a reputation of being high motor and relentless.
For this reason I am starting to warm up to the idea of the Bengals taking him a lot more than I had.
It is possible that Derek Barnett has more Will to play through exhaustion than Myles Garrett does.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mental toughness & Will: Warren Sapp questions Miles Garrett as #1 overall. - depthchart - 04-24-2017, 04:14 PM