Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Draft and Other Interesting Stories
(04-26-2017, 12:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Let's do a thread to liven things up a bit.

During the 2011 draft...the Falcons wanted to trade up to grab a WR.

They offered the Bengals a trade package that included 5 picks. I remember a lot of fans argued that they should take the trade. I argued that we needed an impact player. http://www.scoresreport.com/2011/04/29/report-falcons-wanted-green-but-bengals-rejected-trade-offer/

The Falcons actually wanted AJ Green.

The Browns took the trade.

Atlanta got: Julio Jones

The Browns got 5 picks! Wow. 5 picks! A 1st (27), 2nd, and 4th in that draft...and a 1st and 4th in the following draft.

They got:

1 ) Phil Taylor - A big DT. The Browns actually traded up with KC to 21 to get him. At the time he looked like he'd be great. He was gone in 2015 mainly due to injuries. His rookie year was his best year.
2 ) Greg Little - Yeah the guy that we signed an waived a couple times.
3 ) RB Owen Marecic
4 ) Brandon Weeded
5 ) Trent Richardson (Cleveland used the 4th Round pick from Atlanta in a trade to move up 1 spot to get Richardson)

Sometimes it's more about quality than quantity.

Just think, had the Bengals accepted that trade...the course of the franchise would have changed drastically as Green is our best player.

My question would be is who would we have drafted with those picks? Sure the Browns screwed up but if we had taken the deal and not gotten AJ chances are with the pick in the next draft we may have taken Justin Blackmon?? In the trade down pick possibly Cameron Jordan?? Good thread I always like to speculate on these scenarios
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Draft and Other Interesting Stories - Deanlj69 - 04-26-2017, 04:03 PM