Poll: Based Strictly ON Talent/Need, What's Your Grade So Far?
A+
A
A-
B+
B
B-
C+
C
C-
D+
D
D-
MILLEN TRUBISKY
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade The Draft (PURELY ON TALENT/NEED)
(04-29-2017, 12:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I give it an A.

John Ross (A) -  Loved this pick. Wanted Fournette, but that wasn't in the cards and we made up for that later. I've always loved fast (complete) players, and Ross fits the bill. He also helps our depth by (hopefully) pushing LaFell and Boyd down the depth chart. We finally have good depth at WR for the first time in years. We desperately needed another playmaker on offense.

Joe Mixon (B with potential to be an A+ or an F) - Obviously we've been over the off-field thing ad-nauseum, but assuming this incident scared the crap out of him, he could be the steal of the draft. There's some talk that he was the best RB in the draft. If not the best, then certainly right behind. Built exactly like Corey Dillon (6'1" and 228 lbs) and runs like him too...but he appears to be a way better receiver than Corey ever was. This guy can pretty much do it all, and at his size, that's impressive. Combine numbers are nearly identical to Ezekiel Elliott's. 4.50 speed.

Jordan Willis (A-) - How can anyone not like this pick? Addresses a need with a solid prospect that trickled down the board. He certainly seems like a better prospect than the middle-aged Estonian frisbee thrower. 26 career sacks at a big 12 school is impressive.

I also give extra credit for trading back and gaining a 4th. It looked risky, but it paid off. So props. After a terrible half-assed effort in free agency, I said they needed to crush this draft. They're crushing it. We still need the o-line to drastically improve from last year though.

Btw...Millen Trubisky grade? Looks like someone else is a big fan of Walter. Some of his made up grades are hilarious.

Great take. I agree with basically all of it.

I enjoy Walter as a read, regardless of actual accuracy. I love how incredulous he gets. And, yeah, the Millen Trubisky combo grade had me losing it with laughter.

PS: Mixon ran a 4.4  Smack  <-------- Too soon?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grade The Draft (PURELY ON TALENT/NEED) - PDub80 - 04-29-2017, 12:46 PM