Poll: Based Strictly ON Talent/Need, What's Your Grade So Far?
A+
A
A-
B+
B
B-
C+
C
C-
D+
D
D-
MILLEN TRUBISKY
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade The Draft (PURELY ON TALENT/NEED)
Talent? We're doing well. Ross is an extremely talented receiver who is very polished and has great route running. Injuries are a concern, as are a small sample size of contested catches.

Mixon is also very talented. He is very reminiscent of Bell coming out of college. He will have to work on his running style a bit, as he and Bell were both stand up runners which could result in fumbles at the next level. But it's able to be fixed.

Jordan Willis is a talented player as well. He will have to refine some pass rushing moves and learn more, but you can plug him and play him anywhere.

As for need?
The Bengals didn't have a huge "need" at WR, however, they did have a need for speed. And Ross fixes that.

The Bengals have drafted THREE running backs in the 2nd round since 2013.
I understand people aren't happy with Hill, but we also have Gio in the wings and he works well when we don't force feed Hill. So I don't like Mixon from a "need" stand point.

The Bengals waited until the 3rd round to draft an edge rusher. I would be mad if they hadn't gotten a talented player like Willis. It hits a need, although I wish they would draft another natural pass rusher. Willis gets a little stiff sometimes, but he fits what the Bengals like.

Overall, talent and need wise: A

Sure, we need offensive line help and I wish we could have gotten Lamp, Pocic, Feeney, or Elflein in the 2nd, Mixon's talent is undeniable.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grade The Draft (PURELY ON TALENT/NEED) - wolfkaosaun - 04-29-2017, 12:55 PM