Poll: Based Strictly ON Talent/Need, What's Your Grade So Far?
A+
A
A-
B+
B
B-
C+
C
C-
D+
D
D-
MILLEN TRUBISKY
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade The Draft (PURELY ON TALENT/NEED)
(04-29-2017, 01:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No way was the DE they drafted in the 3rd Round a 1st Round talent.

IF Mixon didn't have all the issues...he would have likely been a 1st Rounder.

Some teams actually took Ross and Mixon off of their draft boards completely though too.

Time will tell.

Mixon is a great receiving back which should really help the offense.

Well, he is actually bigger, stronger, and faster than the #1 overall pick in the draft.  Oddly, people that supposedly "scout" these players said that his game tape didn't show the ridiculous 4.53 he ran at the combine. 

I pointed out in my thread on him about a month ago how as a LDE in college (he did play very little on the right and some in the middle, but over 90% was LDE) he was responsible to read the back first on almost every read-option team he faced (a lot of the big 12) before he could rush.  He was just being assignment sound. 

What I loved about him was when it was 3rd and 10 with no back in the backfield, he was an absolute wrecking ball. 

His coach also referred to him as "the epitome of their program". 

I think he can play either side and create pressure.  It would be nice for Lawson to rush from the right side and for Willis to give Dunlap some breaks on the left from time to time.  He would have likely had even more stats rushing from the blind side.  His strength in the weight room is ridiculous. 

I can't wait to see him and Lawson rotating in from the outsides.  Competition, speed from the edge...something we haven't had at all from the RDE side for some time. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grade The Draft (PURELY ON TALENT/NEED) - SHRacerX - 04-29-2017, 04:19 PM