Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited about this draft class.We just got better dramatically.
(04-29-2017, 04:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll go with 2014. Dennard is a special teamer. Bodine and Hill were the best players in that draft class.

The 2015 class got us Ced, Fisher, and Shaw. That was a below average draft. It might turn into a bad draft if Ced doesn't improve.

The bigger question you need to ask is when did we draft our last Pro Bowl player: That's 2013. Before that: 2011 in Green and Dalton.

Below avg????

Shaw, Smith, Kroft, & Uzomah were major contributors in their 2nd seasons. Fisher will be the starting RT, Ced the starting LT. Ced was bad last season, but this is his first full off-season healthy. I think Ced will turn it around. Those guys from that class are all still quite young.

2014 still has solid players in it, but McCarron isn't going to over take Dalton and is trade bait. Hill has trailed off, but looked great at first. Dennard is looking at being the slot/nickel CB, which plays a lot for the Bengals. Wright was a good pick, but injured.. cant fault the pick itself for that. Bodine has been a starter basically since he got here. And Clarke, as hard as I've been on him, had 4 sacks last year as a rotational guy.

I'm not saying the Bengals have found massive talent in those two drafts, but they aren't just turning guys away and signing FAs in their place. They are getting contributions and have guys growing into positions.

The 2017 draft looks to be loaded for them in places of need and talent. Time will tell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excited about this draft class.We just got better dramatically. - PDub80 - 04-29-2017, 04:57 PM