Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is It Going To Take For You To Believe?
(08-03-2015, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: We've seen our team strikeout four consecutive times in the post season. Im sure you've thought that at least in one of those years we were really going to go deep into the playoffs when we didn't. (for me it was the year we lost to the Chargers)

My question is what, if anything, will it take for you to see this upcoming season that will make you truly believe we will get over the hump and make a deep run in the playoffs?

This team has been talented enough, and played well enough to make the playoffs a franchise record 4 straight times.

This team has also bumbled, stumbled and fumbled in each of those games, which has lead to an NFL record 4 consecutive one and done's.

There have been a myriad of excuses made for each one of those losses. But IMO, each of those teams has looked ill prepared to play a full 60 minute postseason contest, and for the most part...haven't even bothered to show up in the 2nd halves.

People can make all the excuses they want (injuries, underdogs, rookies, on the road, etc, etc, etc)...but, we've seen other teams overcome these excuses at different times. This team has had 4 straight opportunities...and we're still left with nothing but the excuses.

What will make me believe they can go on a playoff run? Well, winning "one" would do a helluva lot for my confidence that they could do more. You might say I'm in the "show me" stage right now.

I hate sounding overly cynical, but based on the 4 outcomes so far, I'll believe in their postseason chances...when they show me they can compete in the postseason.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is It Going To Take For You To Believe? - Bengalholic - 08-03-2015, 05:15 PM