Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades!
(05-01-2017, 05:38 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Let's just make something clear. #9 was NOT a bpa situation. If we went BPA we would have Johnathan Allen, Malik Hooker, or Lattimore on this team right now. All 3 were rated higher than Ross, and the Bengals selected John Ross. That pick was a "I'm in love with this guy" pick.

It would not have mattered if Solomon Thomas, Leonard Fournette, Or Mike Williams was still on the board, the Bengals were going to take John Ross the whole time.

I'm still OK with the pick. I'm not saying that he's not going to be a good fit here in Cincy. I'm just saying that there were better talents available at 9.

(05-01-2017, 06:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree we won't know if it is (guy who we already know 5 year career stats) right pick, but that was not the discussion.

You stated he was nit the Bengal's BPA which is obviously wrong. Why else would they select Ross and pass on the guys you mentioned when they had a choice? AJG is arguably our best player and the receiver group was not considered weak either so it was not a pick out of position need only either.

Well, no, Gdale didn't. He didn't say who was the Bengals' BPA...  he said we didn't take the BPA. Which is something I agree with (and I get it, many don't agree with my disagreement, and that's ok, I'm not sure why everyone gets upset when someone doesn't go with the masses).

There's a difference in the Bengals' BPA and what others consider BPA. I didn't consider Ross BPA, I thought he was a reach. Before you say someone is "obviously wrong" you've got to remember, this is all opinion based. And there's a lot of strong opinions in this thread. But none of it will come out in the wash for 3-5 years.

And, yes, I'm aware the Bengals are professionals and have a much better scouting department than me watching a handful of college games and youtube highlight videos. On the other hand... Margus Hunt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Benton - 04-30-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - 3wt - 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Benton - 05-01-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - CJD - 05-01-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - J24 - 05-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM