Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades!
(05-01-2017, 07:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're talking about their percieved value right now though. Mock drafts were wrong about a lot of guys this year, so you really can't say "this guy was a reach" or "this guy was a steal", because ultimately...the teams doing the drafting saw it differently. 

I do agree that ultimately it's all a crap shoot and all this back and forth we're having is pointless. Ross could be a HOFer and he could also be a total bust. That goes for anybody. I loved the pick, yall didn't. I can't wait to see him in camp though.

Allen went 17th and Foster went 31st. So you're saying we reached on Ross and these guys would've been better values at #9? 

Is it just me or does that make no sense? A lot of teams passed on these guys...not just the Bengals.

you're right, from 9 to 17, 7 other teams passed on Allen. Of those 7 teams that chose other players, Only the Baltimore Ravens could have went with Allen at 16, the other teams who all selected other players, filled positions of need, or who did need DL help, but chose there WEAKEST position to fill(Colts drafting Hooker) and Allen went to the Redskins, who needed DL help, so he was a need for them. 

And a lot of teams took Foster off there board because of the diluted urine sample and he has a shoulder problem. But watch his game film, he's a top 10 talent in most drafts. If everything works out, San Fran got scary at the linebacker position. Would have been fun to watch Foster with burfict and Minter this year.

And i'm fine with the Ross pick! The Bengals needed SPEED in all areas, and they got the fastest playing WR in this draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Benton - 04-30-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - 3wt - 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Gdale_Bengal - 05-01-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - CJD - 05-01-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - J24 - 05-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM