Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good article on MMQB this morning ....
(05-04-2017, 08:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - AJ Green & Tyler Eifert are top 3 at their skill positions in the entire NFL and have been for years. Andy has had a strong, and at some positions elite cast around him. It's not as if every year AD loses all of these options in the post season, while other QBs have them all and therefore they win.

Quote:You are correct about their talent level.  And what has Andy done the one season he had both of them?  He had a QB rating over 100, was being talked about as league MVP, and was 8-0 that season. 

- The Defense AD has had has been MUCH MUCH better than anything Carson had. Not even close.
- ST has been better while AD has been on the team.

Quote:I am confused.  How does this make Andy have more weapons?  And how does this effect the health of said weapons?

- The SD playoff game... I wouldn't blame him if he wakes up in a hot panic over that game for the rest of his life. That was gross to watch and 100% on him, IMO.

Quote:Andy had two INTs and a costly fumble.  He clearly had a poor game, but I still believe they were in position to win that game when Gio fumbled inside the 10 yard line.  Andy also had 332 yards passing, and another 24 rushing.  His offensive line was getting pummeled and the defense couldn't stop the run.  

- The other playoff loses had putrid performances turned in by AD, and were all potentially winable with better QB play. These have been spoken on ad nauseam.

Quote:They have been spoken of ad nauseam.  I will disagree about the Colts game.  That game was the very definition of no weapons.  

AD's stats are similar, with the exception of the fact that those other QBs you mention: Rogers, Brady, Manning, have all produced in the playoffs in big ways. AD hasn't. It's been quite the opposite. He has been HORRIFIC in the playoffs. I mean, freaking disgusting. That's the fact of it, no matter how much I like the guy as a person and as a player.

None of the stat comparisons actually matter without post season success, which is what the great QBs have. Lots of QBs have won with injured guys. Lots of them. Brady was a game manager... who managed the games to some Superbowls. THAT'S a huge difference. And now he's the greatest QB of all time.

AD is still looking for a singular playoff victory. Who cares what his reg seasons look like? The Bengals have enough talent to win in the post season. The QB needs to bring his game up to make it happen.

^ Look, this is all in the past. I mean... years ago. None of it matters. Andy Dalton CAN do it. He just hasn't. His career will be defined by on if he can take his potential and realize it. It's a team game, yes, but the QB position is the most influential in all of sports. It begins and ends with AD. Even though it might not sound like it in the above stuff I wrote, I think AD CAN do it. There's a lot of upside and career left for him. I'm just not going to rewrite the history and careers of other guys when comparing them to him. Barring catastrophic injury, lots of football left for AD to play!

You are absolutely correct with these final statements, but I don't like how Dalton seems to get the blame for lackluster defensive play and a lack of weapons in the postseason.  You can say "it always falls on the QB", but at the same time, people don't give him the credit for getting the team there.  I don't know.  The playoff losses are incredible frustrating, and maybe that is why Dalton is so vilified.  Regardless, I have seem what he is capable of in situations when he has a solid corps of weapons and I am not going to let people say that crap about him not having a strong arm or that he just isn't anything more than an average QB.  That's my opinion.  I have no doubts he will win over the rest of the world as he did a majority of folks on here.  I can't wait to see what he does this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good article on MMQB this morning .... - SHRacerX - 05-05-2017, 06:21 AM