Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Draft Musings
Ok I'm going to keep this post condensed by doing an @name instead of quoting everyone. Less scrolling on my phone lol.

@mer
I completely agree he didnt look great in his rookie year as a coordinator, but I am hoping he put in alot of time building a new playbook this offseason.

@The Pistons
I believe Minter and Maualuga are very very similar type player. Both believe it or not have decent instincts Maualuga was in position to make plays but missed tons of tackles Minter is the same way. As for coverage both have to keep the play in front of them the minute they have to flip there hips to cover its over. To me its telling that the Cards let him go then took Reddick at 13.

@sandwedge
Run Defense Run Defense Run Defense that was alot of the problem last season. After that yea they teams took advantage dumping it off over the middle to a RB, TE or Slot guy and they just made the Linebackers look bad. Im not complaining that they havent upgraded the LB core in the past they have tried but since they been in the playoffs drafting in the back end of the draft hasnt given them a chance at a Shazier or Ogletree. BUT... This was the year both Reddick and Foster were there. The niners actually had Foster ranked right behind Thomas and were going to take him at 3 if Solomon was gone.

@CageTheBengal
I think they keep 10 defensive linemen so itll be something like Johnson Geno Billings Dunlap Clark Glasglow Willis Sims Hardison Thompson. If Billings goes down they still have Glasglow Sims Thompson to step in and Hardison as the swing guy. That said I really liked Billings the year he came out I know everyone did but I thought he had the most violent hands out of every DT taken that year...Still Do.

@ochocincos
With the added speed Id like to see some more west coast offense bubble screens bunch receivers etc stuff from 2013. Andy Dalton has one of if not the fastest releases in the league...Please Zampese use that...

@Okeana
Thanks for your contribution but I really dont give the Oline a hard time in my post. I only mention I hope everyone steps in and plays well. Mostly what you take from it is id like to see more west coast offense themes this year to make make life a little easier for them and maybe help build their confidence going forward.

Ok also like to throw out a thought I left out of my OP because I didnt believe it would be received well and for damn good reason lol. John Ross is a smaller stature guy entering the NFL while Im not worried about his past injuries because he checked out at the NFL Combine. What I worry about is he going to hold up to the regular beating he will take as an NFL player.....Now my suggestion is having him be workout buddies with Adam Jones. Yes I know about all the off field issues but Jones is one of those smaller stature guys that has held up well in the NFL. Not to mention the guy lives in the weight room during this time of the year its when he has time off the problems happen lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post Draft Musings - Synric - 05-05-2017, 01:41 AM
RE: Post Draft Musings - Mer - 05-05-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Post Draft Musings - THE PISTONS - 05-05-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: Post Draft Musings - sandwedge - 05-05-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: Post Draft Musings - CageTheBengal - 05-05-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: Post Draft Musings - ochocincos - 05-05-2017, 12:13 PM
RE: Post Draft Musings - Whatever - 05-05-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Post Draft Musings - Okeana - 05-05-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Post Draft Musings - Shake n Blake - 05-05-2017, 01:42 PM