Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...will we actually use our new weapons?
(05-06-2017, 08:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - Ross can't actually practice until August. I expect him to be brought along slowly.

- Malone might have an interesting impact early and often as a 3rd option on the outside. I think he could be a star.

- Not based on talent, but based on general Bengals coaching practices, I expect Mixon to be a complimentary back this season, with Hill being the featured back. When Gio comes along I think Mixon gets pushed down rather than Hill.

- I like the chances on the kid Wilson on ST as a return man. He could catch hold.

- I think that the DE, Willis, might take a season or two.

- The guy I think who could make the biggest impact this season (other than, possibly, the kicker) is The Law Dog, Carl Lawson. I see him as potentially having the most impact as a rookie. I think that Carl Lawson is going to be a guy that comes on so strong that the coaches find ways to get him on the field and he produces.

- Schreck, I can see actually pushing Kroft and Uzomah. I think Schreck could be a sleeping dragon and a sneaky good pick.

Wow, P-dub...have you been drowning in Marvin-Aid?  

Ross will impact the defense just lining up outside and running down the field.  Safeties MUST play two deep or they will get torched.  He will play right away.  He doesn't even have to have the entire playbook (he will) or be ready to play in the slot yet (he will) but you can bet the #9 overall pick will be on the field right away.  

Malone might take a bit longer, as that is one of the only negatives I have heard on him is that he might take a while to pick up the playbook.  With that much talent, though, it will only take a slow start by Boyd to see a lot more of him right away.  No one will be playing based on draft slot, except Ross Wink

Hill will not be the featured back.  No way.  He is not used as a receiver and struggles in blitz pick-up, two strengths of Mixon.  Hill will have to earn snaps during the season and will largely be used to take a series off Mixon and in short yardage.  

Willis won't be used in a new position, where Lawson will be.  That immediately puts Willis ahead of Lawson and Willis can play both LDE and RDE.  He will be getting snaps early and often on passing downs.  I am pulling for Lawson and I think he can be the steal of the draft, but he will have to show he can line up at SAM and play backer before he lines up at RDE over Willis.  

I don't see how Schreck makes the roster, unless Kroft or Uzomah come up injured again.  I like him as a PS candidate that would push the TEs to stay on the field and be ready to play from day 1.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...will we actually use our new weapons? - SHRacerX - 05-08-2017, 08:03 AM