Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name 1 player offense/defense who has the highest ceiling
On defense, I have to go with the guy I coveted all off-season:  Jordan Willis, DE.  I see him as versatile enough to rotate in to either side of the defensive line, strong enough to bull-rush, and quick enough to get the outside edge.  I can't wait to see him cut loose in pass-rushing situations.  He simply did not have the kind of talent around him that he will here in Cincinnati.

I also love his character, work ethic, and desire.  When a college coach refers to you as "the epitome of our program", that is not faint praise.  The numbers he put up last year (17.5 TFL, 11.5 sacks, and 3 Forced Fumbles) were largely from the LDE spot.  I think lined up at the RDE spot here with Dunlap, Geno, and Billings/Hardison next to him, he can make a huge impact.

On offense, I am eating crow and going with a guy that I originally wasn't happy about his selection:  CJ Uzomah.  I saw the Ravens take my guy Boyle, who is just a chains-mover but was a fantastic blocker coming out of Delaware, a couple picks later and I was livid.  We already had a pass-catcher, and needed a true "in-line" TE more than an uproven athlete.

I envisioned Uzomah rusting away on the bench, never developing, and never contributing to this team.  Maybe it was simply the injury bug that bit Kroft, Hewitt, and Eifert before it got him, but he flashed some huge potential last year.  I think he even realizes now that if he can put together a full season of work with the help of the other weapons drawing coverage, that he could either get a nice contract here or move on for a big deal elsewhere.  Either way, the Bengals win if he explores what is incredible athleticism could accomplish.

Folks might say that he won't get the targets now, but in the Red Zone especially, I could see the Bengal's going two TEs and two WRs with a single back (Mixon) that can pick up the blitz (supposed to be one of his strengths) and can be a good receiving target (another strength, both of which Hill does not possess).  Uzomah ran a 4.63 at his pro day, and did that at 6'6" and 263 lbs.  The guys is a heck of an athlete, and I think this year we could see him finish what he started last year before getting injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Name 1 player offense/defense who has the highest ceiling - SHRacerX - 05-15-2017, 08:56 AM