Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances?
A couple of other points about Geno.
1.) PFF will help him out a lot; HOF writers love  analytics and Geno is judged greatly by them.
2.) If he keeps up his sack pace he will easily beat out both HOF DT candidates  in his era in both  Suh and McCoy.
3.) Geno didn't get the playing time he should of during his rookie season if he did he probably would have ended up with at least 6 sacks that year(anyone that watched new he was the best player on defense). He also missed a half year in 2013 and wasn't himself the following year in 2014(although he was a lot better than given credit for) because of an ACL injury. If he didn't have that significant of an injury his numbers would be a lot higher. My estimations would have him at 66 sacks( that's a conservative number)for his career(9.4 sacks a season)so far. If he plays 14 seasons totals with the above total he would be on pace to finish with 131.5 sacks as a defensive tackle. unfortunately though those things didn't happen so right now he has 52 sacks(7.4) still though if he continues at that pace and plays to his 14th season he would have 103.6 sacks still good enough to be in the hall.
So I change my mind Geno could retire today and have a decent argument at being in the Hall. If he plays 5 to 7 more years at this pace(which shouldn't be that hard) he would be a lock in the Hall.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances? - J24 - 05-19-2017, 12:40 AM