Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardy Nickerson Connection...
(05-23-2017, 05:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, it's Linebacker Corps, not to be confused with the word "corpse", but pronounced "core".  But in football, any position group is referred to as a Corps, ex.  WR Corps.  And, we did have a member of the secondary who was the leader of the defense, his name was Reggie Nelson.

Correct. That said, it's also correct when someone (like me) says "this core of players". 

Quote:core

kôr/
noun

1. 1.
    the tough central part of various fruits, containing the seeds.
    "quarter the pears, remove the cores then slice again into wedges"
  2. 2.
    the central or most important part of something.

When I refer to the core players, I'm talking about the most important guys. The AJ Greens, Daltons, Atkins and Burficts of the team. When you're referring to a specific position group though, "corps" would be the correct word. 

(05-24-2017, 01:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its a good thing to have guys that "Can" call the plays and set the defense incase someone like burfict goes down for a few games...    Remember a few years back when we didn't have any play callers on D and faced the patriots...  Yeah that was bad lol

This is one of the reasons I really liked the Minter signing. He was the signal caller for a pretty good defense in AZ.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Hardy Nickerson Connection... - XenoMorph - 05-05-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Hardy Nickerson Connection... - McC - 05-22-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: Hardy Nickerson Connection... - Shake n Blake - 05-24-2017, 03:21 PM