Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-29-2017, 11:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The '05 season was special, indeed.  It looked like the beginning of something special was developing, but I never had that feeling like they could go all the way.  I really can't explain why I felt that way, it all just felt sort of like a fluke.  However, in '15, I thought that team was the real deal, from the onset of the season.  Just something about the chemistry of the team that year.  Right up to the time that Andy went down.  Even after, I convinced myself that the team could still go the distance with AJ McCarron leading them. 

I felt the same way about the 15 season...That team had it in every phase of the game, whereas the 05 Bengals were like a duplicate of the Colts:  Tons of offense, and it they got a lead, force you in to throwing which led to lots of turnovers.  The 05 team had an arrogance, a swagger, that I had not seen in a Bengal's team in ages.  They were good and they knew they were good.  It was a fun group.

Every time I think about the 05 team, my heart aches a little because of three things:

The loss of Chris Henry
The off-field issues that cost Odell Thurman his career
The injury that cost David Pollack his career

Thurman had 5 INTs and 4 forced fumbles in his rookie season.  He was kind of crazy and out of control, but man could the guy make plays.  9 turnovers in one season in unbelievable.  Gosh, it still hurts to think what that defense could have evolved in to over the next few years.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread