Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in Odd Numbered Years under Lewis
(06-20-2017, 05:43 PM)Dr. Bombay Wrote: Like I said, I really can't tell when NFL teams make in-game adjustments.  I am not that good at analyzing the games.  But I look forward to the gameday threads here where you all point out these details to me.

For example 3WT just mentione the Patriots game last year.  What eaxctly did the Pats change, and what 
should Marvin have done to counter their move?

In this case they started hammering us with their tight ends and we couldn't stop them.  That was not really Marvin's fault, that was a case where we just did not have the personnel to stop them.  Our linebackers could not cover them and they destroyed us.   We played a pretty darn good first half.  And if I recall we did not have AJ Green playing that day.  But when the Pats came out in the 2nd half they started gunning to Gronk and Bennett and we simply could not stop them.

I don't recall if they made adjustments to stop our offense, but they probably made adjustments, and we were missing both Eifert and Green - so again personnel had something to do with the outcome.

My connection to making adjustments was to the Pats who DID make effective adjustments and ran away with the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals in Odd Numbered Years under Lewis - 3wt - 06-21-2017, 01:25 PM