Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rise of the Run-Pass option in the NFL
(07-09-2017, 09:30 PM)Gohards Wrote: Its kinda college footballish to me, but if you ready the article it is on the rise

This is an interesting statement, as the NFL is evolving (some teams) in to a wide-open, multiple WR attack scheme.  But for every Kurt Warner-led Rams team, there is a Dallas Cowboys that are pounding the rock.  I think this is a part of what makes the NFL so special.  You don't see every team running the same schemes.  

I loved when the Bengals had the No Huddle, the Oilers had the Run and shoot, and the Bills had their version, the K-gun.  It seems those offenses were nearly unstoppable, but would struggle in the red zone.  And it would wear out their defenses.

When will we see an NFL team with 6 TEs on the roster that would line up with 3 TEs on every single play?  One WR as a vertical, top-off-the-defense guy, and a bunch of beasts that could move the chains, but also block for a single back formation?  You know things like that will happen...and it will happen first in college when the next Urban Meyer gets a shot and he tries to re-write the rulebook.  

Now I want to be an OC.  Although I am quite happy with more current role of "volunteer scout"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The rise of the Run-Pass option in the NFL - SHRacerX - 07-09-2017, 10:03 PM