Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Will Mixon or Ross Be Tougher On Defenses?
(07-03-2017, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agree with everything you say here, but I am not so sure about Dalton tending to overthrow receivers not named Green.  I thought he had really nice chemistry with Marvin Jones while he was here.  

Regardless, the last line is what drew my attention:  specifically, "LaFell/Boyd".  Ross can also line up at the slot, with Core moving to his normal "X" position.  The slot WRs might have the most fun of any in this group.  Ditto the RBs out of the backfield.

I keep referencing the synergy of having Chad and Henry outside with TJ Whostolemyhonda in the slot.  With Chad's versatility, he was getting the double coverage.  Henry was the vertical threat and red zone target.  But it was TJ who racked up 112 receptions (Chad had 93).  The slot was where the mismatch occurred.  The TEs at that time were Reggie Kelly and Daniel Coats and Brat was not as big a TE guy (or maybe he didn't have the right TE?) but the 3rd down back (Kenny Watson...who I always called "Sexual Chocolate"...for all you Coming to America fans....and, yes, I know in the movie it was Randy Watson) had 52 receptions.  

I look at the talent at RB with Gio and Mixon, the talent at slot WR with Boyd, LaFell, and Ross, and the talent at TE with Eifert, Uzo,  Kroft, and Hewitt, and I think those guys are going to eat very well underneath and Dalton is likely to have the highest completion % of his career.  

More first downs.  More sustained drives.  More points.  More wins...

[Image: ndvd109xw0hy5-544.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN: Will Mixon or Ross Be Tougher On Defenses? - ochocincos - 07-13-2017, 11:01 AM