Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi Showed A Lot Of Improvement
(08-27-2017, 10:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ogbuehi has improved. Fisher hasn't maybe gotten worse is it time to start Andre Smith?
Ogbuehi has only improved for one game, so not out of the woods yet, but I don't think Fisher has looked too bad.
(08-27-2017, 10:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I am no longer worried about Cedric Ogbuehi. He has my admiration for exhibiting grace under pressure and improving at his craft. He's not where he needs to be yet but he's not going to get Andy Dalton maimed anymore either.
It was just ONE GAME, so I'm not ready to act like he's for sure perfected his play, but I will say that I'm optimistic and no longer in panic mode.

Let's hope he keeps improving!
(08-27-2017, 10:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have been tracking him all three preseason games and I had a couple games saved from last year and he is a different player.. finally in his short career he has been able to practice and play all preseason for the first time and at his natural position.. he is a has had a good preseason.. to think Dalton was sacked one time in what would probably amount to an entire game in the time he played total in the three games,, we have to be happy with that from our line and against three teams considered playoff contenders this year...

I was worried about him because I watched him on every play in the first two preseason games and he was doing well in run blocking but his pass protection SUCKED. He didn't seem to move at all and defenders would just run at one of his shoulders and be able to run past him.

Tonight, he looked more agile and willing to move. The one time, that's how he got beat because he was sliding out wide to block the defender that was going outside and then the defender planted and cut under him, but that was just a good move and I'd much rather that happen than him just standing still and the defender running around him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi Showed A Lot Of Improvement - BFritz21 - 08-28-2017, 01:23 AM