Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the big elephant in the room....
It is absolutely the offensive line, and they have absolutely made a series of astounding, blundering, unbelievable mistakes on putting this team together. We've all talked about it, but that's water over the dam at this point.

Who's got an idea on what to do?

I think probably the best two tackles on the team right now are Fisher and Andre Smith. Figure out which side you want them on and go forward for a few games to see how it works. In the mean time, let Duke Tobin conduct an extensive search on the best tackle who is unsigned right now. Maybe see if there's a trade out there somewhere.

Whatever we do, we can't keep trying to make something out of Ogbuehi. We went down the drain last season trying to make it work with him on the right side. He retreats too fast, has no punch and very poor lateral movement. There may be some hope for him, but he needs to elevate his level of play before he gets back in the lineup. But if he can't do it, the coaches have to face it and move on.

We saw an outburst from AJ Green last Sunday, which is very uncharacteristic for him. I think many players saw this coming, and I wonder if it isn't eating at AJ a little bit. He's a great team guy and a great player, but I'm sure he wonders what they were thinking.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the big elephant in the room.... - Thundercloud - 09-13-2017, 03:34 AM