Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather: $8-10 mill a year to spend on WR2 or TE1?
(09-14-2017, 10:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Great response bfine. Also, I'm glad you're no longer restricted! Woohoo!

Interesting that you chose TE1 and preferred it be a traditional TE that excels at blocking.
Here is a list of upcoming 2018 free agents at TE. Any one in particular you would sign that fits your preference?
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tight-end/

I view Eifert as much more of a receiving TE than blocking, so I don't know if you were implying re-signing him or instead finding a different TE.
If a TE that is more of a blocking TE with some pass catching ability, I think the Bengals have some decent options already on the roster and those in FA shouldn't command $8-10 mill a year.
Related note: blocking was a big reason I wanted OJ Howard. He was a good, experienced blocker at Alabama and showed potential as a receiving threat. I thought he'd fit very well in Cincinnati.

Btw, my preference would be to have a stud WR2 over a TE1 and have the top TE being a good blocker that can also catch. If that WR is not already on the roster, then I'd use the money to get one. If that player is on the roster and doesn't command a lot of $$, I'd instead invest that $$ into OL. The best long-term WR I see as a good WR2 would be Ross, but he needs to prove it over the next 1-2 years first.

I was a big fan of Troy Niklas coming out of college. Ironically he was Tyler's backup at ND. Injury and Zona's scheme (don't really use a TE as a receiver) has limited his production. But he is talented and at 6'6" 270 he can block.

IDK about options on the team; as all of ours played some or a lot of slot in college.

OJ Howard would have been a fine choice IMO.

...and thanks; I've been suspended so long that I kinda miss the purple. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you rather: $8-10 mill a year to spend on WR2 or TE1? - bfine32 - 09-14-2017, 11:00 AM