Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Giving Up...
(09-15-2017, 10:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A lot of folks won't even click this thread because of the name.  I will be called a blind homer, or worse.  The bottom line is this offense is pathetic, but this defense is for real.  

If somehow, the offense can find its way (more of Ross, Core, Malone, Erickson...less of Hill, Lafell, and Kroft) and get rolling again, they could get right back in the thick of things.

Do I think it will happen?  Probably not.  I am resigned to the fact that Zampese has taken all-pros and made them look like turds.  His offenses are gawd awful.  But, there is evidence that a lot of teams, even really good teams, have "lulls" in the season where things just aren't firing.  Some on defense, some on offense, etc.  Rarely is one team all-world an entire season on both sides of the ball.

However, if the defense continues to shine against GB and with the extra time to work on the schematic to attack the weakness of the packers (secondary), they could end up 1-2, with Burfict coming back the following week.  A lot of us had them losing to the Packers but beating the Texans.  So, beat the Packers and flip it.

No need to comment on what an optimistic loser I am, but I think the anger over the past couple weeks of horrible offense needs to realize that they still have talent and their QB is a proven winner.  They aren't done.  Not yet.

SHRacer X....I don't think you're an optimistic loser and I do believe in the offensive potential and Andy Dalton still.

However this feels a different sort of 'bad' to me.

We have had times in the dark years when we simply did not have the talent , we have had years when we had critical injuries (2016), we have had years when we told ourselves we had bad luck (2005,2015), we have had years when we had mass regime change (2011).

This year the squad has talent, no major injuries (we have pacman, shawn williams and ross back yesterday), continuity at all of the offensive skill positions, we replenished our DL, 4 ex Rd 1 CB's, and we seemed to get younger, faster across the board.

Going into the season the biggest concern we had was LT and our kicker..that was pretty much it.   

Bearing in mind the drama (hurricanes, new teams relocated in new cities) , injuries (e.g. Baltimore) and coaching/co-ordinator carousels other franchises have dealt with we were really in a potentially very encouraging position to go on a run this season.

Instead we have delivered unbelievable ineptitude on the offensive side.  I too am high on the defense but remember we have faced Baltimore and Houston on offense ...I refuse to believe they are great offenses and we faced both of them when they had serious injuries and questions at QB.

So I am giving up (even if we beat GB bizarrely).  There is something fundamentally wrong on the offensive side of the ball and whilst our OT's are poor I can't even lay it squarely on their shoulders - everyone knew they were a potential liability.

When so much is going wrong you have to  lay it at the Offensive co-ordinators door and if he is not going anywhere then I'm not optimistic.  

It's also on Marvin and Mike Brown too obviously as they made the decision to proceed with him.  When I think where we were offensively in 2015 under HJax to last year and then this year its depressing ...and we may not have seen the worst of it yet!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Not Giving Up... - SHRacerX - 09-15-2017, 10:06 AM
RE: Not Giving Up... - bengals67 - 09-15-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: Not Giving Up... - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-15-2017, 10:16 AM
RE: Not Giving Up... - SHRacerX - 09-15-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Not Giving Up... - Pat5775 - 09-15-2017, 10:16 AM
RE: Not Giving Up... - CageTheBengal - 09-15-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: Not Giving Up... - Hammerstripes - 09-15-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Not Giving Up... - Circleville Guy - 09-15-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: Not Giving Up... - sonofstat - 09-15-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Not Giving Up... - Millhouse - 09-15-2017, 12:27 PM