Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The shortest path to winning in the NFL is to get a Top 10 QB
(09-15-2017, 11:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dalton is a decent QB. With a good line and good WR's...he can be somewhere around a Top 12 to 16 QB. Maybe he has a career year and gets up to 10.

With a bad offensive line, he's going to be a bottom tier QB in the league. We're seeing that. Even when he doesn't get pressure, he expects it and makes a bad throw.

As we saw from the playoff appearances, he's an above average guy...but not good enough to transcend this horribly managed franchise and put the team on its back.

While I like Dalton, it's time to move on to McCarron to see what we have. Can he be a Top 10 QB? I doubt he can, but we need to atleast see.

If McCarron can't, chances are we're going to get a Top 5 pick and can draft one of the elite QB's.

Because, this is a QB driven league.

Without Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, etc...those teams wouldn't be elite.

We average Andy. When you're average...sometimes you're good. Sometimes you're bad. Most of the time you're average. That's not good enough.

I appreciate your factual critique of Dalton, but the issues with the offense are not Dalton's fault (that's not to say Dalton doesn't have his issues; he does, most certainly) We have seen what he's capable of with a good OL and a good OC. The only kind of QB that could work with the situation we have now is a prime Roethlisberger. Someone who could make something out of nothing and is hard to bring down.

Even if you brought in a Manning or a Brady they would only do marginally better than what Dalton has done so far. Certainly not enough to oevercome our poor coaching.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The shortest path to winning in the NFL is to get a Top 10 QB - PhilHos - 09-15-2017, 12:42 PM