Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Marvin faced a near mutiny
(09-15-2017, 09:00 PM)jason Wrote: In fairness though, what were they gonna do? Hire a guy outside in the middle of the season? You can't do that. This is what we all wanted, and about the only solution. I guess they could have bumped Urban up instead. At any rate... Zampese is gone. Hallelujah.

I agree. It's the absolute only option they had. If Zimmer or Jackson were still here then maybe they could have "retired" Marvin and had one of them step up, but I don't think we have a future HC in the building. Lazor was doing a pretty decent job as OC in Miami before getting caught up in the Joe Philbin shit storm and getting fired by a total dud of an interim coach, Dan Campbell. Lazor is at least NFL OC material. He had a 14th ranked Dolphins offense in '14 and with much lesser personnel than what we have in Cincy. It definitely can't get any worse. Zampese was skating by as a QB's coach for way too long. He should have been replaced years ago, much less promoted to OC. Lazor was pretty creative under Chip Kelley and that's exactly what this offense needs with what is a very athletic but not very powerful offensive line. 

With our Defense and what should be an improved offense, there's a slight chance they could get back into the playoff race. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Marvin faced a near mutiny - tenacious-B - 09-15-2017, 10:11 PM