Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS NEED THE EXTRA DAYS OF PRACTICE.
(09-16-2017, 06:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember hearing some of the 82 Bengals saying something to the effect of "you didn't want to get called out in the film room" and how guys would be sweating buckets during the film session.  That, and they were afraid of practices after a loss.  That is probably quite a difference from the gold clapper saying "let's go".

I am ready for a hammer.  

The 81 and 82 Bengals had probably the best coach ever because we had Paul Brown still, but Forrest Gregg brought his Vince Lombardi approach to the Bengals and combining Vince Lombardi with Paul Brown took them to Super Bowl.  Now according to Bengals players Forrest Gregg had the hardest Bengals practices ever as they did grass drills until they puked. Funny though, the only era Bengals totally dominated Steelers was under Forrest Gregg and his hard practices. 

Maybe the players union and NFL headquarters may have rules about extra practices. I have heard of team leader players on other winning teams practicing in spite of the union and Commish.  Players, coaches, Owners better get ready for one small fact.  Many fans that went through the Bungles of 1990's and most of 2000 to 2010 aren't going to go through it again.    This team won 6 games last year and is 0-2 this year.  Many people work hard for their money and they just aren't going to spend their money on this garbage yet again. If this team flounders back into BUNGLES FOOTBALL, that stadium is going to be pretty empty. So will Great American Ball Park.  People are not going to spend their hard earned money on this garbage Cincinnati is putting on the fields.  I see many empty seats in their futures if these Cincy teams don't get it together. Owners, coaches, players may want to consider that. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BENGALS NEED THE EXTRA DAYS OF PRACTICE. - kevin - 09-16-2017, 06:53 AM