Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC North Quarterbacks In Depth Rankings
(09-30-2017, 03:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Interesting.

- So he's the best deep ball thrower in the AFCN this year. By a long shot. I'm sure that will irritate many.
- He's struggling against the blitz and on short throws. Wasn't he among the best against the blitz in 2015? I wonder what changed. The short throw struggles are also puzzling.
- Also curious to see him only 19th in time to throw. He used to routinely be among the top few in the league.
- Turnover worthy throws is still pretty low despite the 4 INT's

Looks like he's handling pressure "ok" despite so many saying he's falling apart. What does PFF consider a "big-time throw" I wonder?

1. For sure. Granted, he's not the greatest obviously since he's not ranked as high. But considering he has one deep threat meanwhile Big Ben has Brown and Bryant, Flacco even has Wallace and Perriman.
2. He was up there for sure. I think it may be because the offensive playbook was bottled down to short passes. You didn't often see defenders playing off the line of scrimmage. We saw a ton of defenses try to make the Bengals beat them deep and they didn't have the depth to do so outside of Green.
3. Dalton likes to sling it, but I feel as if Zampese wanted a 2011 approach with Dalton. Live to see another down and Dalton seems a lot more gun shy than he ever has in his career. Hopefully the OC change destroys that mentality.
4. Yeah I was actually surprised about that. Granted, some of those balls were tipped. So maybe that has an effect on it?

Also, not entirely sure. I continued to look it up, but couldn't find exactly what it was.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AFC North Quarterbacks In Depth Rankings - wolfkaosaun - 09-30-2017, 03:56 PM