Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Haven't been on here forever,but got things to address
(10-05-2017, 12:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Whatever coach we hire to replace Marvin, will eventually get a ton of optimism from the fans, but over time we'll see that any coach is limited by what they can accomplish here. I'd say odds are higher that they won't be competent at both scouting and coaching and there will be setbacks. Of course, we could catch lightning in a bottle and get someone who can win here...but odds are smaller of that happening.

IF the Bengals did have a guy like Belicheck, they likely wouldn't have given him the control he needed early on to install his system.

You can criticize Dalton, the coaches, etc...but its an organizational culture issue.

It is, but we can't do a damn thing about that aspect of it.  If anyone is do any better than Marvin, they will need complete control of their staff, and the ultimate say in personnel decisions.  For starters. 

I like Marvin.  I am appreciative of him bringing us from the depths of the abyss.  Also, he is a good and decent man, very giving.  Having said that, he most certainly has been provided enough talent to win in the playoffs, and to not falter most of the time in primetime.  The team often comes out flat in these instances, and look lost and ill prepared.  So, what you have is, an organizational failure, couple with some questionable coaching.  Decent to good coaching, but not good enough to overcome any organizational shortcomings, and not good enough to capitalize when the franchise HAS provided you with decent enough talent to make a run.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Haven't been on here forever,but got things to address - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-05-2017, 12:48 PM