Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Haven't been on here forever,but got things to address
(10-05-2017, 11:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Jackson shows how a coach/QB can't overcome a bad organization.

The board looks at Jackson as superior to Marvin, but Marvin went to a team as bad as the Browns are now and turned them into a Winner. It's Year 2 for Jackson and he's 1-19 there.

Marvin got to start Year 1 with Jon Kitna and 1st overall pick Carson Palmer. Hue got Cody Kessler, Josh McCown, and RG3 as his QBs in Year 1.

Also there's absolutely no way the Bengals team Marvin inherited was as bad as the Browns team Hue inherited personnel-wise.

Marvin inherited... Willie Anderson, Corey Dillon, Takeo Spikes, Neil Rackers, Justin Smith, Levi Jones, Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson, TJ Housh, Rich Braham, Eric Steinbach, John Thornton, Brian Simmons, Shayne Graham... and as previously mentioned got a franchise QB with his first draft pick in Carson Palmer.

Heck, Jon Kitna in 2003 was better than any QB the Browns have had since they became a franchise again in '99. Think about that.

Not to mention the Bengals only had that '05 season as "a winner" until Mike Zimmer had to be brought in to fix the "defensive guru HC" defense. That's when the Bengals became regular winners. Don't be giving Marvin too much credit there.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Haven't been on here forever,but got things to address - TheLeonardLeap - 10-07-2017, 08:33 AM