Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weak Links (According to PFF Ratings)
(10-20-2017, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is an interesting read from a few years ago:

'What makes a Super Bowl contender? When Pro Football Focus analyzed the 28 teams that played in the conference championship games for the 2007 to 2013 seasons, it found that, on average, 40 percent of those rosters were composed of good/elite players (you had to play 250-plus snaps to qualify). Using that methodology, PFF determined how many above-average players stood between your team and contending for this year's Super Bowl.'

So essentially to get to a conference championship, you need 8-9 guys rated Good/Elite. Our roster has maybe 4-5. And we have a shocking amount of guys rated Poor.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

I like this, but question.

If 40% of the 53 man roster needs to be good/elite, wouldn't that call for a minimum of 10.6 (11) good or elite. If I ready this correctly it says the Bengals needed 8 more so they only had 3 considered good or elite. If so, in 2014 ML must have been doing a great job coaching a bunch of bad players and getting them to the playoffs.

Or I misread something which is possible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weak Links (According to PFF Ratings) - Luvnit2 - 10-20-2017, 02:06 PM