Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Hopes and Biggest Fears for Sunday
(10-21-2017, 10:34 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Agreed.,

Wonder how much of that was the Jags and how much was Shitsburgh laying an egg.

It's hard to know how good the Steelers are.  They barely beat the Browns, whose asses we whooped from start to finish, clobbered the Vikes, lost to the Bears, who ran all over them, handled the Ravens, who have lately had their number, with relative ease, got embarrassed by the Jags who, at most are a team still on the rise, still coming together, certainly not an elite team. 

The Jags ran all over them.  Nobody runs all over them, much less two in one year, in just a few weeks, no less.
Then they completely stonewall the last undefeated team.  Granted, they have KC's number lately and yes, the Chefs might be a bit of a mirage.  Once the cloak of invincibility was ripped off, they fell to earth in a hurry.  They could be a little shell shocked right now.  When you have number 1 in the league next to your name, maybe you start taking it for granted just enough to take a fall.

So far, the Steelers have been all over the map.  Who knows what to expect?

I would fully expect them to be thinking, we go back to our place, kick the Bengals all over that field and we'll be all the way back.  But can they just turn it on and off like a switch?

I don't think it's a given that they'll just come out clicking.  They've been not so good almost as much as they've been good.  The only thing they've proven is that they can be had.  Maybe if they don't start out do well, they start letting the doubt creep in.  If only we had even a mediocre OLine.  That is where we can be had and that is where they will attack.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest Hopes and Biggest Fears for Sunday - McC - 10-21-2017, 11:24 PM