Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron Needs To Play Against Tampa, or forget about it
(08-17-2015, 12:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It really comes down to salary and marketing. You have a lot more to lose if you cut a guy billed as the future making a ton of money. But if you are talking about GRADING a player, a B is a B. An F is an F. Bad is bad. Good is good. The rest is emotional. 

Again, has NOTHING to do with how you grade a player. 

In general there is more talent in the top of the draft. So you get more good players there. The ones that tank stand out.
You have far fewer big time players in the bottom of the draft. So the ones there are stand out. 

Has nothing to do with how they are graded. 

Maybe we're talking about different things.  What do you mean how they are graded?  Since this is a thread once about McCarron are we debating that he should/shouldn't be under any more/less pressure to get on the field because he is a 5th round pick?  If we cut him I assure you it's going to hurt less that we are cutting a 5th round pick than if we were cutting a 1st rounder.  I've seen teams hopelessly attempt to build around high pick QBs they would have moved on from and/or never put on the field had he been drafted in the 4th round or later.

I'm just saying if you look at the job security of HCs, GMs, and players you'll see how a player's draft position can bless or haunt many people long past the day of the draft, is all.

EDIT: Ok, I see you added some more explanation of your post while I was typing this up so we are on different pages.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McCarron Needs To Play Against Tampa, or forget about it - Nately120 - 08-17-2015, 12:25 PM