Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron Needs To Play Against Tampa, or forget about it
(08-17-2015, 12:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I totally get that stuff like draft position will come up in conversation and there can be debates where it's warranted to mention. I just don't know if player evaluation should be one of those debates where it matters. I completely agree with the quote below. I don't think Lamur was any less bad in 2014 because he was a UDFA. I don't think Geno is any better than he is because he's a mid/late 4th rounder.

The painful thought that Bodine is a mediocre to poor performing center isn't alleviated by the fact that we didn't burn a top pick on him.

I might say something like "it sucks that we used such a high pick on Margus Hunt", and I think stuff like that is fine in conversation, but I won't let him being a 2nd rounder affect my opinion of him if we're speaking purely of his ability as a football player. I don't think he's good at playing football whether he was taken in the 1st round or the 7th.

100% agree with this. For player grading, stuff like draft position should not factor in.

Draft position only matters when discussing in emotions "Oohh he worked so hard from being a fifth rounder!"
or when discussing the draft "They do a good job finding talent in the mid to late rounds on defense and it looks like Josh Shaw will be the next one" 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McCarron Needs To Play Against Tampa, or forget about it - RoyleRedlegs - 08-17-2015, 12:33 PM