Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For you o line evaluators out there
(10-27-2017, 12:37 PM)redwood Wrote: Seems hard to say Alexander gets the most out of what we spent fairly high picks on.   Ced, Fisher, Bonine WERE expected to go about where they got drafted. NORMALLY... at least ought to all be AVERAGE (at least) but... I have seen slow progress.
Staley also crossed my mind. Were he a bit younger.. sure, we'd bid.   The Niners are worse off than the Bengals and... might listen.  More likely.. we use SEVERAL picks on O-Line. We may  shift Someone to G. The Bengals were REWARDED for a mediocre year, with a relatively soft sceduale. It wasn't soft enough. If we lose to the Luck-less Colts......it's serious.
If we win... it's still not enough cause to be comfortable.

PA has definately been even poorer than normal lately coaching up fairly high picks i agree.

He needs polished players to work with like Whit, Big Willie, Levi Jones etc.

To not understand that the Center position is extremely important and effects your entire O-line maybe more than any
position and then to actually trade up for a player like Bodine shows tons. Cause i don't think Bodine was expected to go
as high as we took him, he had little to no upside and didn't even fit the Zone Blocking Scheme we run. Busted pick and
has made it hard on everyone around him from Zeitler to now Boling and the young guys.

We need a new O-line coach to pick his players and put in the proper Scheme that is up to date with the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For you o line evaluators out there - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-27-2017, 01:52 PM