Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For you o line evaluators out there
I played tackle for 8 years.

I remember a coach told me, the best way to gauge how well you do as a linemen (offensive specifically) is if nobody ever brings up your name. I never really understood it, but then realized offensive linemen are the foundation of the house. Not heard, not seen. Just hold the house up, but when the house falls apart, it's the first place you look.

As far as improvements? CO looks a bit better. I don't think he is living up to his first round talent. Some of the issues I'm seeing with the line, especially in protecting inside gaps seem to be miscommunication (dial back last week with the interior sack given up because Boling doubled down on the NT). Stuff like this is communication, poor awareness and poor coaching. I mainly want to blame coaching because Pittsburgh does so many exotic blitzes, especially with inside gap pressures, mainly to fold the pocket. Baltimore does the same thing (usually pretty well). We were unable to protect against both teams...so, I really want to blame coaching.

Everyone else, besides CO? I'd say mediocre, at best. Bodine, for as strong as he is, isn't technically proficient. Fisher is getting better, but still has a long way to go in my opinion.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For you o line evaluators out there - The Caped Crusader - 10-27-2017, 02:40 PM