Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For you o line evaluators out there
(10-27-2017, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see myself as some good OL evaluator, but from my observations Ogbuehi and Fisher don't have what it takes to be good OTs in the NFL. Their only chance to stick in the NFL as a starter will be to move inside. However, I think this will still be difficult for both of them given strength is a weakness of theirs. But Ogbuehi's best position in college was RG and Fisher has/had the mean streak that fits well inside.

I am in the same boat, not some super genius line talent guy, but I know enough to see what works and what doesn't work. Part of it I think is the scheme and the scheme doesn't suit the talent. These guys weren't maulers coming out of college, they were both if I recall spread offense guys. That doesn't really work so great if you have a lot of plays designed to dive into the line and try to grind out yards. Get guys from the SEC powerhouse schools, Georgia, Alabama, or Big Ten guys who are beefy and push the pile. Gotta get guys that fit what you are trying to do. Plus, it doesn't help either one of them that the inside of the line is an absolute train wreck too.

I'll never forget Lap saying that the center and guard set set the depth and the tackles the width. If the center is getting blown up back into Andy and he has to step back deeper than usual, then the place the tackles are supposed to drive edge rushers too, is now where Andy is standing.

So, I'm not defending Ced or Fisher but it probably doesn't help them when Andy is having to drop back even further than usual because the middle of the line is coming right into his face.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For you o line evaluators out there - Murdock2420 - 10-27-2017, 02:42 PM