Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron Needs To Play Against Tampa, or forget about it
(08-17-2015, 08:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't understand giving a player a tougher grade due to their draft status. Who cares when players are drafted or not drafted?

I want to see results whether they are the #1 overall pick or an undrafted player. Once they are on the roster, they are on the roster regardless of how they got there. If we are discussing contracts, that is a different topic and their results should be considered.

But all rookies on contract #1 make far less after the new CBA in 2011 so they don't have to be a star immediately anymore.

I'm not giving DreKirk a tougher grade. I see him how I see him regardless of where he was drafted. He's been a solid role player the last couple seasons. Nothing spectacular, but he flashed some promise. I'd see him that way regardless of whether he was taken in the 1st round or as a 5th rounder.

As a solid role player, has he lived up to his draft status? I'd say no, but I'm optimistic that he'll look good as a starter this year. Like it or not, those are the expectations for a player taken 17th overall. How I see him as a player and whether or not he's lived up to his draft status are 2 separate things for me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McCarron Needs To Play Against Tampa, or forget about it - Shake n Blake - 08-17-2015, 02:29 PM