Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Will NOT Go through more 1990's Type BUNGLES.
(11-09-2017, 12:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I gotta admit that during the "lost era" I was in grade school, and I didn't really watch much until the team started winning again in the early-mid 2000's, which was when I was in college. I've watched nearly every game that I could since then. If the team doesn't put up at least 7-8 wins next year, I'll likely lose my desire to pay as much attention to them until they start being competitive again, much like I've done with the Reds the past few years.

Man, I even watched the games that weren't blacked out back then. I was pretty pissed the minute Mike Clown fired Wyche. The thing was, you knew there wasn't much chance of winning, but there were some fun players to watch....Blake, Pickens, Dillon, etc, so you tuned in, hoping to see an upset.  The thing that angers me moreso this go around, is that was a two or three year window there that we could have made some noise had we addressed the one or two flaws on those teams in FA.  Instead, we sat on our thumbs and didn't go all in.  Then there's the Marv fiasco.....we fired Wyche after one bad season (really, it was a control issue), but Merv gets all the time in the world. The chickens have come home to roost now....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Will NOT Go through more 1990's Type BUNGLES. - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-10-2017, 10:42 AM