Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting OL article by Ross Tucker from 2008
Here's where I draw my issues with this, while I think the overall descriptions he says are accurate, this also doesn't pay any factor into offensive scheme.
This is pretty standard for a pro-I, run between the tackles OL. If a team runs a spread or option based offense the roles shift a bit. Or a team that values outside runs will likely value a guard who can pull over a guard who can't regardless of L/R designation.
Left tackle being #1 only matters if your QB is a righty. so on the off chance you have a southpaw QB, does LT magically become less important and RT more important?
This also doesn't count for defensive alignments. I'd bet there are much more hybrid or odd fronts now than in 2008 and that because of that roles have shifted.

On top of that, the alignment of a 3T over a RG is only in a true "base". Geno has plenty of reps over the LG/C. It largely comes down to matchups and where teams shift the strong side.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting OL article by Ross Tucker from 2008 - RoyleRedlegs - 11-10-2017, 04:00 PM